Thursday 7 August 2014

Trendy Tape...

After seeing the layout below on Doodlebug's blog I wanted to see how I could take the layout design, scrap lift it and adapt it to different themes. I decided to attempt 2 different themes and started by taking a selection of Dog and Halloween products including 'Trendy Tape' (washi tape) as well as some small embellishments.


To achieve the Washi Tape in the circular design Melinda Spinks used the following steps (click on the link to the Doodlebug blog above for written instructions):

Firstly cut a circle and lay a strip of tape across the centre, leaving an overhang.


Position the circle on your background paper and then fill the circle in with washi tape until the circle is covered. 



Very gently, cut around the edge of the circle with a craft knife and remove the original circle.


My first layout was the Dog themed layout. For this layout I used one sheet of card stock, 1 sheet of paper, 3 rolls of washi tape and a couple of small stickers. On this layout I decided to cut a 'V' into the ends of each of the pieces of washi tape.

 

Products Used:
(Click on the links below to view)


The next layout was a Halloween themed take on the design. I used a selection of 5 different washi tapes on this layout and tore the ends of each piece this time. 


I added a few enamel dots, brad dies and Doodlebug 'Doodle-pops' stickers and this layout was complete :)

Products used:
(Click on the links below to view)

Doodle-Pops Stickers - Batty and Boo
Enamel Dots - Lilac and Limeade

No comments:

Post a Comment